Monday, July 11, 2011

Doing the Dishes

Hi. I'm John. Right now, I am sitting on my creaky plush chair in my room, maintained in a state of pristine disorder. I often complain that I can never find anything, but I never could, so I believe that messiness is a coincidence, and not a cause of my inability to locate anything. My "statistics major" sister believes that there is insufficient data, but since organized people are generally better at finding things, there is so and so chance that my searching skills will improve with organization with a such and such standard deviation of the mean improvement. My mom believes I am cleaning my room. Haha, yeah...Sorry mom...

But believe it or not, (and some people will find this very hard to believe,) I don't mind cleaning my room nearly as much as washing dishes.

My philosophy with washing dishes goes as follows.
"Dishes are like Wine. The longer you let it sit, the more you pay for it."

In cases like today where they have been sitting there for almost two weeks in closed containers, it could cost a hand or two. What is more, Dish soap companies are hopelessly underprepared for these occasions. After two weeks in solitary confinement, whatever has evolved in the poor containers asks not for dish soap and a sponge. It begs for an industrial strength detergent and a power drill. Any company that could supply dish safe power drills would make many many fortunes in my estimation.



You may wonder how I survive this cruel but far too usual punishment. I certainly do. And the answer is that I enjoy thinking. There it is. I have said it. I know what you're thinking. "I'm only two minuets into this entry, and he thinks!?!? Who is this clown?"

At this point, I must admit that thinking is a great deal of what I do. This blog is to help me develop the way I think, and order my thoughts, and find my thoughts later. And also make a complete mockery of just about everything.



So now, dear reader, if you would imagine me back in a homely laid back chair with its equally laid back but less homely (I should hope) occupant, I have some parting words.

I leave you here today, but tomorrow I will write again, and promise to write the next day.

I named my blog Time Travelers and Co. because Writing brings me back in time better than Olay regenerist night creme ever will. Spending time with oneself is quite underrated as far as past times go. Nevertheless, people seem to quite appreciate the same activity with their future times.

I should go clean my room now shouldn't I.

Sincerely,
John Chen

1 comment:

  1. These are part of our dialogue between Bob and Mom.
    B:This is a picture of a laid back guy lading back on a laid back chair in a laid back room with a laid back brain.

    M: This is a piece of words that I know almost every word but can not understand almost every sentence.
    B: This is because that you do not believe that your son is such a laid back person.

    M: Reading this paper really help me to improve my English.
    B: You never said that to my book even though you can learn many new words and you can easily understand almost every sentence.

    M: Wow, those dishes sat in a container over two weeks?!
    B: Sorry, I didn't do a good job.

    M: I can not wait to read the next writing to find out if John cleaned up his room.
    B: You should go home to take a look his room.

    I like it. We like it. You will become a great writer!

    ReplyDelete